The Top 10 Most Popular Localised Video Games in the Arab World
The Arab world is home to a thriving video game market, with millions of gamers of all ages and interests. In recent years, there has been a growing demand for localised video games, as gamers in the region want to be able to play their favourite games in their native language.
Here is a list of the top 10 most popular localised video games in the Arab world, based on sales and player engagement:
- EA Sports FC 24 (previously FIFA)
- Assassin’s Creed (the entire series)
- Grand Theft Auto (the entire series but especially V)
- Call of Duty (the entire series)
- Free Fire
- Need for Speed (Old but Gold)
- NBA 2K (the entire series)
These games are all popular for different reasons. FIFA is popular because it is a realistic football simulation game that features Arab teams and players. Assassin’s Creed is popular because it is a historical adventure game with rich storylines and immersive gameplay (and positive Arab characters). Grand Theft Auto is popular because it is an open-world action game with a lot of freedom and variety. Call of Duty is popular because it is a first-person shooter game with intense multiplayer action. Fortnite and PUBG are popular because they are battle royale games where players compete to be the last one standing. Free Fire is popular because it is a mobile battle royale game that is easy to learn and play. Need for Speed is popular because it is a racing game with high-octane action and stunning visuals. NBA 2K is popular because it is a basketball simulation game that features realistic gameplay and all of the latest NBA players and teams. Tekken is popular because it is a fighting game with a large roster of characters and a variety of fighting styles.
All of these games have been localised into Arabic, meaning that the menus, subtitles, and voice acting are all in Arabic. This makes the games more accessible and enjoyable for Arabic gamers.
In addition to being localised into Arabic, many of these games also feature Arab content. For example, FIFA includes Arab teams and players, and Assassin’s Creed has featured Arab cities and historical figures. This helps to make the games more relatable and engaging for Arabic gamers.
The localisation of video games into Arabic is a positive development for both gamers and developers. Gamers in the Arab world now have access to a wider range of high-quality video games, and developers are able to tap into a new and growing market.
Here are some of the benefits of localised video games for Arab gamers:
- Improved gameplay experience: Localised video games allow Arab gamers to play their favourite games in their native language. This makes the games more immersive and enjoyable.
- Increased accessibility: Localised video games are more accessible to Arabic gamers who may not be fluent in English. This allows them to participate in the global gaming community and enjoy the same games as gamers from other countries.
- Greater cultural representation: Localised video games often feature Arab content, such as Arab characters, locations, and stories. This helps to promote Arab culture and make Arab gamers feel more represented in the gaming world.
Overall, the localisation of video games into Arabic is a positive development for the Arab gaming community. It allows Arab gamers to play their favourite games in their native language, makes the games more accessible, and promotes Arab culture.
Tamatem Games is committed to helping the Arabic mobile gaming market reach its full potential. By localising popular mobile games, publishing original Arabic mobile games, supporting eSports, and investing in Arabic mobile game development, Tamatem Games is playing a key role in shaping the future of Arabic mobile gaming. Our most popular games include Fashion Queen, VIP Baloot and Battle of Kings. In addition, card players from across the MENA region have been enjoying our in-depth card game, VIP Jalsat.